What is Chatbot?
A chatbot is an artificial intelligence (AI) program that can simulate a natural language conversation or chatting with a user via a messaging app, website, mobile app.
One of the great advantages of chatbots is that unlike applications, they are not downloaded, do not need to be updated, and do not take up space in the phone’s memory. Another is the ability to integrate multiple bots into the same chat.
Why are chatbots important?
Chatbot packages streamline the interactions among human beings and services, enhancing consumer experience. At the identical time, they provide corporations new possibilities to enhance the procedure of consumer engagement and operational performance with the aid of using decreasing the everyday price of consumer service.
To be successful, a chatbot answer need to be capable of carry out obligations effectively. Human help performs a key position here: irrespective of the form of technique and platform, human intervention is important to configure, teach and optimize the chatbot system.
What are the demanding situations of the usage of chatbots?
New technology, new obstacles – Chatbot era remains new and faces boundaries that corporations won’t recognize the way to handle.
Varieties in how humans’ kind their messages – This can result in misunderstood intentions. Chatbots should manage each lengthy and brief sentences, in addition to chat bubbles with prolonged content material as opposed to a couple of brief submissions.
Unpredictable human behavior, moods and emotions – People are random, emotions and moods often drive user behavior, and users can change their minds quickly.
Different ways people talk – Chatbots can have difficulty understanding these variations.
Security – Users must trust chatbots enough to share personal information. Therefore, businesses should design their chatbots to request only relevant data and transmit that data securely over the internet.
User satisfaction – Users always want the best experience, but they are rarely satisfied. They always want chatbots to be better than they are today.
Types of Chatbots
- Rule – Based Chatbot
A rule-based chatbot uses a tree-like flow instead of AI to assist guests with their questions.
This means that the chatbot guides guests through follow-up questions and ultimately leads them to the right solution. The structure and responses are all pre-defined so you can control the conversation.
Benefits of Rule – Based Chatbot
- Chatbots do not require extensive training, making the implementation process faster and less complex.
- The price is usually lower because the technology and implementation are simpler.
- By predefining the structure and responses, you have better control over your chatbot’s behavior and responses.
Limitations of Rule – Based Chatbot
- A rule-based chatbot cannot catch typos. This means that in some cases they do not understand their guests and can lead to dissatisfaction.
- Interacting with a simple chatbot feels more like a robot than a conversation.
- You can’t learn by yourself. This means that improvements must be made manually.
- AI Chatbot
AI chatbots are chatbots based on natural language processing (NLP). So, unlike rule-based chatbots, instead of replying with keywords, we try to understand the guest’s intentions, i.e., what they want. The more you interact with your guests, the better you can understand their intentions and respond better to their requests.
Benefits of AI Chatbot
- Chatbots can understand typos and grammatical errors so they can answer your questions.
- Keep improving without further help.
- Conversations with AI chatbots feel more natural and human.
Limitations of AI Chatbot
- AI chatbots go through a learning process, making the implementation process more complex and lengthier.
- By omitting predefined structures, conversations conducted by AI chatbots are less predictable.
- If a chatbot is taught something wrong, it will take some time before it “stops learning” and learns the right behavior.
Future of chatbots
Many experts assume that chatbots will continue to grow in popularity. In the future, AI and ML will evolve, chatbots offer new possibilities, and introduce new layers of text- and voice-driven user experiences that transform CX. These improvements can also impact data collection, providing deeper customer insights and predicting shopper behavior.